For a bank based in Geneva, we are looking for a candidate with experience in Board and Committee Support
Corporate Secretary (Secrétaire Général)
- Management of the day to day governance requirements for boards and committees within the bank
- Develop a close working relationship with chairs and members of boards and committees
- Act as first point of contact for these chairs and members in all matters relating to governance and company secretarial work
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required and coordinate advice for members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of relevant legislative changes
- Oversee proper scheduling, coordination and operation of the board meetings and committee meetings
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board and committee meetings, maintaining up to date records and distributing material
- Taking minutes and following up actions from meetings, including minute review process
- Providing dedicated point of contact for all board and committee members
- Oversee the maintenance of an annual calendar of board and committee matters, ensuring full compliance with relevant constitutional documents, terms of reference/charters, the bank’s Legal Entity Governance Standards, as well as all other statutory, regulatory and legal requirements
- Leading board and committee effectiveness reviews
- Overseeing the maintenance of statutory books and registers
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of annual compliance statements and all required Companies House filings
- Overseeing the filing of statutory accounts
- Preparation of routine board resolutions
- Provision of company information as required by business, auditors and regulators
- Drafting, maintenance and approval of policies and procedures
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Preparing agreed upon management information and key performance indicators.
Relevant work experience:
Minimum 10 years of experience in Company Secretarial/Legal department of preferably Swiss Banks out of which minimum 2 years should be in the role of a Secretary/Assistant Secretary of the Board.
The right candidate should have a wholesome and diverse work experience of company secretarial, compliance and legal functions.
Well versed with Swiss Company Law, IPR laws and associated rules, and Swiss corporate governance best practices.
Well versed with Swiss Regulator (FINMA) laws related to Banking, Wealth Management and Investment Management.
University Degree preferably in Law or in Business Management, Finance, Economics.
It is essential that the candidate has an excellent command of the written and spoken English and French languages.
The right candidate should have patience, dedication, high intelligence, strong values and ethics, quick understanding of agendas, resilience and negotiation skills.
Swiss residence required